Sunday, April 10, 2016

When inspiration hits

Last night, just before bedtime, I was scanning through this week's challenges and making a mental list of what would I try to enter.  My plans to head to bed were quickly waylayed when inspiration hit.  I immediately got to work and completed this card.  I like it so much that this morning I prepped all the pieces to make a set of 4.  They are just waiting to be assembled. 



Inspired by this week's Sketch Challenge over at My Favorite Things, I knew that I was going to pull out some of the supplies I received in my order from them a few weeks ago.   Supplies that I hadn't yet used!  Crazy, I know! Life has kept me pretty busy and I haven't had time to play with everything yet. 




While preparing the dies for this card, I wasn't quite sure what stamps I was going to use.  I pulled out a few sets from other companies, and they seem to all work well together.  The cute little fox is from Lawn Fawn and the gift and sentiment are both from and old set from The Greeting Farm.   The inside says "Make it special". 

I am also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is Happy Birthday, to celebrate their 7th!  Congrats SSS!








Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 10, 2016 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Virginia L. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 10, 2016 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Virginia L. said...

Beautiful layering and use of colors! Love the scene that you created. The sentiment insert from the sun is ingenious! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge!

 
At April 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM , Blogger KaHolly said...

This one is a winner!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home