Saturday, April 9, 2016

My first shaker card: SSS Happy Birthday

Congrats to Simon Says Stamp, who is celebrating their 7th birthday this year!  And, this week, the SSS Wednesday Challenge is Happy Birthday.  Coincidence? I think not.  

To celebrate, I pulled out the free birthday set SSS sent me with my order a few months ago.  And to spice things up a bit, I experimented with making a shaker card.  This is my first ever shaker card.  And a fairly new trend for me.  Guess I just started seeing these flat shaker cards this winter. 
I watched a great video tutorial... And, of course, now I cannot find which video, but if I find it later, I'll link it up! 

I received the sequins as a thank you gift from my last Verve order.  It's funny... I couldn't imagine why they sent me this little packet of really pretty sequins.  It wasn't until a  month or so later that I connected the sequins with the shaker card innards.  Sheesh.  

Not wanting to bite off more than I could chew, I made the small balloon the shaker.  I used the Cricut Explore Air to cut out the balloon. 

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMON SAYS STAMP! 







Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 10, 2016 at 1:22 AM , Blogger Heather said...

An adorable cute background with the lovely image with super elephant and details!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home