Friday, February 5, 2016

Time to RRR: MFT Color Challenge #38

It's been a few weeks since I've spent time in my craft room.  Sometimes, I get so swept up in the whirlwind of my busy life work-life that I forget to take time for myself to relax, reflect, and rejuvenate (RRR). And, as an introvert who works in an extroverted world, I recognize when it's time to slow down and take the time to RRR.

With that in mind, I jumped at the chance to spend a quiet hour in my craft room last night to work on a new challenge.  I stumbled upon the My Favorite Things blog and their inspiring challenges.  The one that caught my eye was the MFT Color Challenge, as I've not participated in any type of color challenge before.  Usually, I steer towards sketch challenges for my card making and scrapbooking.

The My Favorite Things Color Challenge this week is shown below.



And here is my take on the color challenge...


In the post, they share that we can use the closest colors we have to the MFT colors that they use.  I have not had the opportunity to purchase any of the MFT inks, but was able to substitute in some Stampin' Up colors that I have.  For the watercolor effect, I used SU Tangelo Twist, So Saffron and 
Yo Yo Yellow.  This was a fun - and somewhat frustrating - process.   For the bird silhouette and the card stock, I used SU Blackberry Bliss.   (I'm an old school Stampin' Up customer, so many of my colors are from the older catalogs and may be retired.)

After a couple of stressful days at work, this time spent crafting really did calm me down and allow me to relax and sleep better last night.  It serves as a good reminder to step back from the daily whirlwind and RRR!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 5, 2016 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Clare said...

Oh, the inking is so neat! I totally feel ya on the fun and frustration that making cards can simultaneously be ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home