Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Land of Discontent

Today's blog and challenge entries come to you from the Land of Discontent.  

But, not to worry. I'm just along for the ride.  BR is the one residing there today. Always fun for the rest of us...

It's rare that I find the opportunity to 
1. Go to the MFT Stamps blog and find the challenge posts, 
2. Make a card that meets the sketch or color challenge, and 
3. Actually post it before the challenge closes.  

But, on this three day, holiday weekend, I have found the time to do multiple crafty things, to include visiting the MFT Stamps blog, making cards, and posting them here!  I am so excited! 

Not only that, but I also finally got around to photographing the newest Fitbit Strap Wrap additions to GardeniaDrive on Etsy!  These strap wraps have been waiting patiently on my craft table for a couple of months now.  Phew!  Glad they have been so patient!  I also made a few new badge reels that will hopefully get photographed and posted sometime this week.  Fingers crossed. 

This week's sketch at MFT Stamps really stumped me.  I knew that I wanted to use a watercolor background that I made previously and the Fun in the Sun stamp, but wasn't sure what to use for that diagonal strip.  



Amongst the mess on my craft table, I had Lawn Fawn's new set Sewn with Love peeking out.  It has some cute swirly lines for stitches with matching dies.  I used the dies only and added them to the background.  Waves? Maybe.  Random wavy lines.  Defnitely.  But it works! 




Next in the queue is the MFT Stamps Color Challenge.  Color challenges are always really hard for me.  This challenge is using pretty basic primary colors. But it still threw me for a loop.


But, once I got started, it all kinda flowed... 



So, adios and Happy Easter from the Land of Discontent, where I am happily hiding in my craft room! 

... I wonder who's going to make dinner...






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home