Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It's the way you ride the trail that counts...


Perspective has come up a lot lately, both at home and at work.  Usually when talking about our paradigms and how we make decisions.  Using Lawn Fawn's Happy Trails stamp set this week made me look up the lyrics to Dale Evans' original song, and I was surprised to find that the song is all about perspective and choosing your own weather (a FranklinCovey phrase to choose your attitude).  I'm going to try to remember the lyrics, specifically the line "It's the way you ride the trail that counts..." so that I can sing next time the perspective conversation comes up again!

Mom asked me to create a set of cards using the Lawn Fawn Happy Trails set for a friend of hers. Granted, she asked me to do this in November and I'm just now getting to them... ummm, yeah...

I've owned this set for several months.  Maybe even a year. And I've never used it.  The stamps are cute and so perfect for someone who owns a camper (Yup, that's me!), but the creative juices just never flowed for Happy Trails.  With mom's request, I started trolling Pinterest looking for a cute and easy card idea.  I found myself on Lydia Evans Designs blog where I totally cased this card from. (Thanks, Lydia!)  I colored the scene and the car and camper images with my Zig Clean Color markers and am pleased with how it turned out.  So pleased that I even made a few extra to keep in my card stash!




Since I'm on spring break, one of my goals for this week was to create a card to enter into the My Favorite Things weekly sketch challenge.  After spending so much time working on these darn Happy Trails cards, I kinda lost my mojo.  But, I did it and here's my entry and the original sketch... which I missed getting into.  But I'm sharing it anyway!


  

I used MFT's I Knead You and Soda Pop sets for this card.  

Thanks for stopping by! 




Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home